- The wind was light (2-3 knots) and had shifted to the right so that the race became a reach to the windward mark and then a reach back to the finish.
- Old Corvus was to leeward of Jazz both on port tack approaching Starlight on Starboard
- As Jazz approached Starlight at position 3 she changed course to leeward to clear Starlight's boom.
- Old Corvus altered course to avoid Jazz and protested Jazz for not keeping clear. In addition, Old Corvus said Jazz changed course without hailing him and he wouldn't have had to change course to clear Starlight's stern.
- There was no contact between Jazz and Starlight or Jazz and Corvus.
Decision: No rule was broken.